Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer

International Health Certificates 

Get your cat appropriate travel documents.

Pet health certificates are required for pets traveling both domestically within Canada and internationally. We’re happy to assist you with your pet’s health certificate, but the associated paperwork can take several weeks to process. 

Different countries have different travel criteria, so we’ll need to determine exactly what you'll need and what requirements you’ll have to meet in order for your pet to travel with you. 

Start planning at least two months in advance for domestic travel and four months in advance for international travel. If rabies titers are required, i.e. Hawaii, Australia, etc., it is likely that you may need more time for planning and testing. Please check the requirements for both domestic and international travel at

What do I need to do to make travel plans for my pet?

If you’re traveling by car, you should carry your pet’s vaccine history, their most current rabies certificate, and a veterinarian-issued pet health certificate that includes information about their most recent wellness exam.

If you plan to fly, research the airline you plan to use. Some airlines have their own requirements while others defer to those issued by the destination state or country.

Important questions to ask your airline might include:

  • What are your pet travel policies?
  • Are small pets allowed in the cabin area?
  • Do you have specific pet carrier requirements?
  • What are your pick-up and drop-off policies for pets?
  • How do you handle layovers when there are pets on board? 

When you schedule your appointment, please let us know where and when you’re planning to travel, so we can adequately address your needs. 

Are you interested in additional information? Check out this resource.

Call us at (416) 479-0142 or request an appointment online for your pet's health certificate.

Travel Certificates from your Veterinarian

Downtown Toronto Cat Clinic